“Everyone knows that B2B digital advertising is a easy, a doddle, a piece of cake” – said no one ever.
Road-mapping digital advertising strategies and selecting which platforms to invest in is challenging with the increasing amount of technology available. Especially in B2B, as much of the technology and tactics available are new to the market.
Usual challenges associated with B2B such as long lead-times, low search volumes, small audience groups and multiple sales stages are now compounded by the availability of ad technologies and tactics which leaves decision makers of B2B digital advertising strategy at a cross-roads.
So where should you focus your resources and how can you demonstrate value?
Don’t always focus on ‘shiny new’
Shiny new out-the-box marketing tech and tactics will help boost your performance. But it’s important to know which investment is right for your business and how to incorporate new platforms or features in the right way so that you see an ROI on that investment.
There is so much choice out there in terms of technologies, tactics, where to allocate budgets and how to optimise your lead process. The impact of a new technology or tactic can have a significant on your strategy, so consider them carefully.
- What’s my customer journey and how does this impact it?
- How else can I use my audience data?
- How, where and what are we re-targeting?
- Are we automating our lead process correctly and do our lead flows work?
- Should we make the leap and invest in a new system or switch systems?
- Do we need to rethink our internal structure to deliver the shape of the programme?
- Do we need expert external advice on how to rethink our strategy?
- Have we created siloes or do we have a truly integrated approach?
As you can see, there are lots of elements to consider, question and weigh up.
Is it time to reshape your thinking?
Recently we’ve taken a step back and considered how B2B marketers, and the demand centre specifically, are changing. How they’re leveraging technologies, reporting on performance and operating. We’ve also looked at the external landscape of technologies and tactics.
Together, there’s a movement of change.
In our latest digital insights guide – Breaking Boundaries in B2B Digital Advertising, we take a long hard look and provide our thoughts on:
- The drivers of change
- The key principles of B2B digital advertising in today’s world
- Optimisation techniques for programmes
- Ad technologies to consider as part of your mix
Start rethinking your strategy today.