Modern helped a global software company develop a $2m sales pipeline from scratch within a few weeks of being in a new territory. As part of EKA’s expansion plans, Modern worked alongside the Managing Director of the Asia Pacific region to define a LinkedIn lead generation strategy that would enable EKA to scope out the size of the market in Australia and identify key targets to forge links with. The entire exercise was completed solely using data from LinkedIn.
Social Buzz Award Winner
Industry: Risk Management Software
Sector: Mining & minerals
- EKA are an Indian company with an extensive client base in South Asia and Europe.
- A global player in the commodity risk management software sector, known for agri-business.
- Provide complex products for global businesses.
EKA, a global software company wanted to expand into new markets through diversifying its agri-software product for the mining and minerals sector. When on the ground in a new territory, there was a lot of work required to understand the market and key players within the industry.
Define a LinkedIn lead generation strategy to capitalise on the data within the social network and build intelligence for EKA. Specifically to:
- Provide market analysis of mining companies in Australia to determine the size of the market and relationships between mines
- Identify target mines and key players within those organisations
- Create snapshot information pack detailing companies headquartered in Australia and C-level prospects (CFO/CEO) within the mining sector
- Highlighted key network connections and quick wins
- Saved weeks of time of physical networking and background research
- New processes internalised as part of new business development
… a really powerful exercise. We were amazed at the wealth of information provided and the access available to C-level executives. It’s saved us weeks of work networking and I can find easy in-roads to the target individuals. What is more we are now actively engaged in a sales cycle with Rio Tinto’s Iron Ore business in the Perth, Western Australia, a multi-million dollar opportunity.
- $2m sales pipeline in 3 weeks with leading global mining company
- Clear understanding of the mining market in Australia
- New partnerships identified and connections made